Ok, I don't know about you, but have you ever had something close to an "epic" battle with a card? I have just had one. Every card I make has a few quirks and mistakes, but I somehow manage to fix it all with a little bit of duck tape! LOL :) This one almost had me on my knees begging for mercy!
I used Flourishes "Butterflies and Blooms" set, cut out and colored in with Tombows. The paper is an old MME "Nature Life" paper. And the flourishes are from an old QK (Quickutz) die. I used the largest Spellbinders Classic Circle to cut out the window, and a Large scalloped Circle die to add the detail inside the window's circle.
The only major regret I have left is adding that heavy flourished stamp under the sentiment. I don't think it needed it. But it looks nice from the front.
What happened was, I had painted my Clematis all nice and a really cute purple, then cut it out for the Flourishes "Winter Thaw" Challenge. After that I put a thin layer of Diamond Glaze on it all to stiffen the more fragile pieces and give it a nice gloss, but when I came back the flowers were PINK!!!! I spent all that time cutting it out, and it's not the color I needed! I knew Diamond Glaze made my colors deeper but it's never gone light on me before! No words, people, no words, could describe my horror. This was the only paper that would even match it close enough. Not only that, I tacked my paper for the front of my card, on upside down (again, no words). I had to rethink my papers, layout and design; this is a completely different card then what I had in mind. But, that being said I Know this is a better card then I originally had in mind. So I learned my lesson once again, even when you think you've made a big mistake, some times they workout for the better. :)