Sunday, March 27, 2011

Guess Who...?

Guess who just bit the bullet (and almost choked) and bought a bunch of the newest CHA Spellbinders? Seriously I almost had a heart attack, when it came to pay for these, but I love them! I bought the Spellbinders:

Labels 18
Labels 20
Labels 21
Fancy Tags #2
Fancy Tags #3

I really love them, and the next big purchase is the newest JustRite clings to go with the Label dies. I see everyone creating so many Beautiful cards with them, that I think they will enhance any one's cards and sentiments well.
So after playing around with them for a while I came up with this card.



I used a humming bird image and sentiment from Flourishes "Humming Along" set with a butterfly from Flourishes "Gerbera Daisies" set. I colored everything in with Tombows, and cut them out, adding some Donna Salazar glitter and placing them on top of popdots. I used Spellbinders Labels Eighteen (18) and two dies from Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two (2), sponging some "Worn Lipstick" Distress Ink around the sentiment. (I do want to mention that the Labels Eighteen base is actually a light pink piece of paper, same shade as the matting, but it has a metallic sheen so it makes it look whitish). I used papers from Chatterbox and a pink and brown sheet from Micheal's Crafts Store. The round accent stamp is from Inkadinkado with a strand of  pink bling rhinestones for an accent.
*Every new layer was placed on popdots for depth.


 I wanted to challenge myself to make a card with variations on the same color or shade. I ended up going with pink and I love how it turned out! And I am really loving these new Spellbinders! The shapes are fantastic and easily mixed with almost every other die! I'll admit, when Spellbinders first came out, I avoided them at first. I had Quickutz and couldn't see the reason for buying a whole new line of dies, especially when they would probably be too expensive to buy. LOL! I was so wrong!! Quickutz would only make alphabets and hardly any shapes, plus the alphabets they did make were twice, and in some cases, three times the cost of a package of Spellbinders!! I think they changed the card making industry for the better :)

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Amanda! I love how you combine the nesties! I need to buy some more too and the newer ones are not at the stores where you can use a coupon! They are well worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! Could this be anymore beautiful? I think not! I so agree with you on the Spellbinders subject. Mixing and matching brings a whole new bunch of fun to card creating. The more the merrier! I love what you do with stamps, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are absolutely STUNNING!!! So happy I found your blog. Congrats with Flourishes as well. You've inspired me this morning :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!