Monday, August 2, 2010

My First Card Post



I want to take a minute to thank all the kind Ladies who left comments on my first post :) Your all so kind in your comments, thank you!! Many of you helped nudge me into the blogospere, if it wasn't for you I'd still be boring - LOL ;)

Here is my newest card in my first card posting. I am not sure how to start or how to do this or what to say, so I'll tell you my inspiration and supplies used.

My Favorite Things stamps is having an August Guest Designer Challenge, the theme being "Flower Flair". Sounds easy enough, right? I thought so too! I mean I have a LARGE shoebox FULL of flowers of every kind, shape, color and size. But those little rascals threw me for a loop! I've been really "
jonesing" (is that a word?), for the rolled flower die from MFT and just Knew it would look great here on this card, but since I don't have it yet, I had to make do. I did try to make my own, but that was a disaster, so I called it a loss and tried to work with what I had :)

I had this exact card design in my mind for a few months, but didn't have the right papers and embellishments. The whole card came together quickly except for you-guessed-it, the flowers. I finally settled on using the smaller flowers on the umbrella part, and I think it looks good that way. The umbrella stamp is from the
MFT "Rain or Shine" stamp set. I thought it would look cute as a card for someone having a baby or a baby shower.


I used a clear frame tag in the upper right hand corner of the nested circles. You can read in in real life better, but it says " A Blessing From Heaven". I love the clear tag, but I haven't seen it since I bought it. Too bad, it turned out cute, I think.

I think I got really lucky having the materials on hand. I am a scrapper that can't seem to throw anything out! :) You ought to know that I regret most of my purchases in the scrapping department, but I won't throw it out, or give it away, just in case. And most of my cards have had at least one or two saved "just-in-case" items - LOL :)




Eph. 2:8
For by Grace are ye Saved through Faith, not by Works, lest any man shall boast.
- My Dad's favorite verse

4 comments:

  1. Cute Amanda, love the red. Isn't blogging FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog and this card are stunning! Thanks for sharing it with us on Splitcoast!

    Xo

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!! Your blog is just beautiful! I found you via splitcoast stampers! So glad you joined the world of blogging - you do beautiful work!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Amanda! I really like the yellow and red together! Your blog is coming along nicely! Keep it up! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!