Friday, January 7, 2011

Butterfly Study

Big Oops on my part! I didn't realize my card didn't post, even though I scheduled it to! So sorry about that. 

This is the Creative_Sketches sketch that my card is based off of.


I really love the shape and am really inspired by it.
I have had this idea of a set of windows having all of the same item or image in it, and after playing around, I came up with this card.



 I used a butterfly from Inkadinkado, stamped it out three times and colored it in with my Tombows. I cut them out and before placing them on the paper, I stamped the paper where my butterflies would go, again with the butterfly stamp. So once I added the second butterfly layer, I folded the wings up so they would look real. I used Spellbinders Squares to cut out the windows, and a MFT Open Scalloped die for the small border. The large flower is from Prima.


3 comments:

  1. Amanda this is beautiful. I love the way you created the windows. They look terrific like that. Great job.......:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, these butterflies are wonderful and I just love the window idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coloring on your butterflies is exquisite! The overall card set up is very unique and eye catching. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!