Thursday, January 6, 2011

Katie's Daisies

And I'm back to wish you all a very happy and belated 2011 New Year!! I'm sure you wondered where I was, and I wish I could tell you I just got back from spending New Years at an exotic island somewhere, but I didn't. I was sick :(  But I managed a couple cards in that time, amazingly, since I sure didn't look or feel human - LOL :)
I'll post those two soon, but today I'm going to focus on a card that I woke up today and NEEDED to make. Yesterday, I went online and read about a lady named Katie Renz, on both Splitcoast Stampers and on Clear Dollar Stamps blog, who has stage 4 cancer. I do not know Katie personally but I DO admire her lovely creations and ideas, on Clear Dollar Stamps. I wanted to make Katie a card saying that I am one of many praying for her. If I was sick and discouraged, I would love to receive cards from fellow scrappers too.



I used Flourishes "Gerbera Daisies" set, coloring them in with my Tombow 991 and "Spiced Marmalade" Distress Ink. Then I added some Crackle Accent on to of them for some vintage interest. 
The butterfly was an after thought. It just needed something and I saw the butterfly stamp in the "Gerbera Daisies" set so I stamped, embossed, and cut it out. Tombows were used to color it in, then I added teeny-tiny thin rivulets of Diamond Glaze in the veins of the butterfly, and added glitter. But I couldn't see the glittery veins, so I added more Diamond Glaze and filled it in a little more, to stiffen it and show the glitter a little better.




I didn't intend for the card to be so "dark", since we are heading towards springy colors soon, but everything fit together so beautifully, I just couldn't dismiss the paper because it wasn't the right season :)

Flourishes has the following challenges at the moment: A Sketch, A Timeless Tuesday Challenge "Flowers", and a Bring Back Beautiful "Vintage" challenge. I thought I would combine them all in this card. The Vintage aspect for me, is the fact I bought these papers when I first started scrapbooking 5 years ago, but never used them!

4 comments:

  1. Amanda Katie will love this.. She is a wonderful person and will appreciate you thinking of her.. What a gorgeous card. You always add just the right embellishments.. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous AManda, Katie is going to lvoe it. Very fresh and makes you feel warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful coloring, love the dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This whole card is so pretty and fresh, I really like the idea of using the diamond glaze rivulets to make the veins more dimensional. Great job and again, TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!