Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Bring Back Beautiful Springtime


I have been waiting for the absolutely fun, Bring Back Beautiful Challenge, from Flourishes. I love that I get a month to work on a card, since I have been battling a pinched back and nerves painfully zinging down to my right elbow. The right is my dominant hand, and it's hard on me not being able to paint or create cards. I want to thank all of you, who offered me well wishes, they are truly appreciated!! Sometimes I have realize that I need to be more careful. I was "over enthusiatically" exercising, lifting some small weights along with a workout video, when I pinched everything badly. True story :)


This month's BBB theme is: The Beauty of Spring or Autumn. And as much as Autumn is my favorite season, I choose Spring as my theme.



I used Flourishes "Spring Has Sprung" stamps set for the foreground and the "Bee My Honey" stamp set for the beehive and the "buzzing" bees flying around. I colored it all in with my Tombow watercolor markers, and cut them all out with my craft knife. The lacy frame is from Cheery Lynn Designs called "Dutch Scallop Square Frame" that I used to cut out some Flourishes "Classic White" CS. I made the "awning" out of a strip of paper that I ran over with my Tim Holtz Rosette Die, so it gave me the scallops I wanted and gave me some dimension. I sponged the cloud background on with "Tumbled Glass" Distress Ink. To hang the buzzing bees, I colored, then cut them out with my craft knife. Then I added some glitter to their wings, and after that I added some glue to the backs and laid some fishing line over it. After they were dry, I hung them up under the awning.



I have had the idea for this card, swimming around in my head for a year, just trying to figure out how to pull it off. I think it could have been tweaked a bit, but all in all, it turned out great. There were so many small parts and things I needed to figure out, that I thought it would take all month, but it only took my 2 nights! I really thought my arm would keep me from being able to make much progress, but my wonderful husband came through. He applied some Icy Hot on my shoulders and I completed all the cut aways within 2 hours - really quick, trust me :) I even learned how to sponge on clouds, for my background, which took a little practice, but I love it :)

I really had so much fun and love how it all looks. Thank you Flourishes for challenging me, yet again :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh Amanda... I am in love. Do you need my address? I as just thinking about this pretty set and was going to pull it out. I LOVE this. You have created a masterpiece. I don't think you need any help in any area of stamping or photography. LOVE this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Hope your arm gets better. I know all too well how difficult it is to stamp or do anything with a bum arm..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Amanda, this card is just stunning! I absolutely love it.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR!!!!! I could have sworn I'd left a comment on this piece of art already, but I guess I didn't, maybe I was too gobsmacked! :) Loooooooooove how you combined two sets and the finished result in breathtaking!!! Thanks for playing the BBB Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely STUNNING, Amanda! Your creations never cease to amaze me! Love the coloring and dimension! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes Bring Back Beautiful Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!