Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I'm sure you are wondering where I was, for the past few days.. Well, my laptop crashed and my husband and I were debating the pros and cons of getting a new laptop now, or waiting until later when we could maybe get a better deal with Black Friday coming up. We decided to get one now since you are not guaranteed to be able to get one and if not then we'd still be out of a laptop.

I was working on some Christmas cards while I was off the Blogosphere, and on break from that, I came up with this card.


This is enlarged so you can see the details, I hope. This was inspired by and created around a My Mind's Eye ribbon card. I really love the pinking edge that it has at the bottom, and wanted to use that.

I stamped out a frame with Tattered Rose and Victorian Velvet Distress inks, and my new Prima frame stamps. I cut out the frame and used popdots to pop it off the card/paper. Then I stamped out a pattern from an Anna Griffin stamp on a clear transparency using Versa Magic "Moonlight White" ink. After that was dry I used a Flourishes sentiment from their "Seeds of Friendship" set, stamped out in Staz-On Black ink. When that was dry I used some glue dots to stick it to the cut out stamped Prima frame. Spellbinders Circles were used to make the circular frame (sandwiching the stamped transparency in between the two frames) using My Mind's Eye "Lush" paper.
I stamped out raspberries from the Flourishes "Berry Sweet"set and colored them in with my Tombows. I cut it out with my craft knife and added some Diamond Glaze then let them dry. It was then tucked in behind the circular frame and glued to it.
I had precut and stamped out a "Happy Birthday" message on my cardbase for the inside and taped it on with my Score Tape.....
..... But when I went to open it up, to show my husband later, I almost choked.... I had taped my card base UPSIDE DOWN!!!!!! *AAAAH!* What was I thinking??!?!! Let me tell you, this isn't the first time this has happened, but shouldn't I have learned by now? How many times do I have to make the mistake before I learn?!?! It blows the mind, I tell you :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! This card is awesome!! Beautiful and unique!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous... Your coloring is AWESOME!! I have glued things upside down myself so your not alone. And the laptop I can relate too, glad you didn't wait too long to get the new one. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!