Saturday, August 20, 2011


While I was gone Blogger has decided to revamp the system a bit, so I'm trying hard to get used to the new Posting format. Did I mention I don't like changes to things, especially computer related?  I'm absolutely not a techie kind of person at all. When a change happens to computers I'm completely lost in the weeds. I'm so bad at them, in fact, I actually researched on how to Blog for 3 months, before starting mine up. I was doing searches like "What Do You Write In A Blog?". I wish I could say I was kidding, but I'm not :) Every blog I encountered seemed so effortless looking, so I took the plunge figuring how hard could it really be? And I'm really enjoying it :)


So I was feeling rather creative last night and had all the pieces to make a card that happened to fall together with some remnant paper I had left and some scattered embellishments that had almost fallen perfectly on it! Trust me, that Never happens. I put it all together but somehow it doesn't look as good as when I first saw it. It looks "flat" to me, but I still love the idea and how it turned out.


I used Flourishes " From The Garden" & "Lenten Rose" sets. I used the Classic Oval Spellbinders Die and colored the image in with Tombows and sponged it all in with "Old Paper" Distress Inks. I used Graphic 45 paper with a few old tags from an old My Mind's Eye line with some pearls from Prima, then a few soft acetate butterflies scattered around from a Martha Stewart punch, to finish it all off.




So as I was making this card, my husband had the fortuitous audacity to remind me to start thinking of what kind of Christmas cards are we going to make this year....so soon? Notice I said WE :) My husband is very hands on when it comes to our Christmas cards, he insists each year I need to top the previous Christmas card. Last year we went to no less then 3 scrapstores (we live an hour away from the nearest one), and even backtracked to one of them, deep in discussion as to what should be used in the "windows" I had created on our Christmas card. I mean this was one for the records as to one of the deepest discussions we've ever had about cardmaking :)
Here they are: 


I think they turned out Great with his help...but I'm having a hard time thinking of a card to make for this year. I'm hoping to come up with something soon, since I love his help and the fact I almost have his blessing to buy more "supplies" to expedite this venture ;) 



By the way, Happy Birthday to my Beautiful Rheanna, who turned 6 this evening. Happy, Happy Birthday my Precious; we prayed so long for you!! I still can't believe 6 whole Years have just Flown by! May the next 6 slow down so I can enjoy them :)

1 comment:

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!