Thursday, September 8, 2022

Apple Postcard

I love apples and I'm getting excited that fall is here so I can go apple picking!! I LOVE Fall and I Love Apple Picking!! I always look forward to crisp air, hot apple cider, and warm caramel to dip my apple slices in :) I don't know about you, but there's just something about fall and apples that make me giddy, happy, and cozy all at once.

I made this watercolored postcard on a whim years ago while I was just playing around with my watercolor paints. I actually painted the picture first and realized it would make a great Postcard instead of just a greeting card image.



I used Power Poppy's "Apples in Season" stamp set that I colored in using Distress Inks and watercolor markers. I added the lines with a fine line pen, and then sponged on a border and background color using the Distress Inks again. Super Simple! 

I kept the Postcard sweet and simple, just letting the image shine, as it should. By just playing around and experimenting, I think I stumbled upon creating a sweet looking Postcard by accident. 

Now that I'm hungry and inspired, I'm off to go Apple Picking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!