Thursday, July 28, 2022

Bring Your Sunshine

 Have you ever met that someone somewhere in life that "Brings the Sunshine" wherever they go? That one person who's unflappable, always laughing, and full of joy? Yeah, those are my people. They're hard to find, but once you do you simply can't get enough time spent with them. I've met one or two in my life time. Until then, I like to live by the idea that I can be that sunshine to or for someone else I may meet.

That's why I love this stamp set. I love the sentiment and how the woman seems so relaxed, content to just simply enjoy the flowers and life.


Doesn't she just exude peace and sunshine? She looks like she Always brings her Sunshine anywhere she goes, with her.

I chose to use Sheena Douglas's "Wouldn't It Be Lovely?" stamp set that I bought from Crafters Companion. I watercolored it in with my Distress Inks from Tim Holtz because I wanted something soft and not harsh. I wanted the flowers to POP and everything else to be there but be more of a "background" to the floral colors shown. I sponged a "border" of color around the image using more Distress Inks, masking off a "colorless/free" border with painters tape. Then I mounted the watercolored image on an old scalloped precut card mat that I've had for years and years. I can't even remember where I got it, but I wish I bought more of them.

This scene just makes me smile and reminds me to always bring my own sunshine and stop waiting for people to bring it to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!