Saturday, July 30, 2022

Holiday Hello

 Hello and welcome back! I'm still on a Christmas card making kick and I'm enjoying finally feeling creative again after not being able to craft for so many years! 

So while I was pondering how I wanted my next Christmas card to look like, I knew exactly what stamp set I wanted to use, though I wasn't sure if it would turn out. I'd been itching to break out this set and use it since I bought it, but I gave it a go.


I chose to use Power Poppy's "Under Glass: Christmas Keepsakes", coloring it in with Copics. After coloring it in, I cut the edge of the image with a Spellbinder border die and matted it with some patterned paper. I created the layers I wanted and sponged everything with Antique Linen and Tea Dye Distress Inks to age it and give the vintage look and feel I wanted. I used some "puffy" popdots under my image to pop my items off the card to create depth and interest, keeping everything from looking flat and uninteresting. After that, I added lace, silk ribbon and some dark blue pearls to complete the card.

I love how the card turned out, though I wished I'd remembered to stitch my card while I was creating it! I was so in the groove and excited to color in my new stamp set, and I was loving how it was all coming together so quickly, I'd completely forgot to stitch my card in! More times than I care to admit, I'm always forgetting to stitch around my card. It happens :)

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely Amanda! It feels both warm and elegant with the touches of lace. Thanks for playing along again with The Blossom Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sure I already commented...but here goes....I love this. I love the vintage flavor, I love the layering, I love the coloring! Just so pretty and...right up my comfort zone! Thank you for playing along with the Power Poppy Christmas in July Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!