Monday, July 25, 2022

Peace and Joy

 Once again, it's Christmas in July!! In only six more months it will be Christmas Day! I can't wait! All those fun, festive traditions, food, and family fun! I love it!

Until then, I'll enjoy the countdown to the festivities by creating Christmas cards, inspired by Power Poppy's Monthly Blog Challenge. Why not? :)




I chose to create a card using the Power Poppy "Simple Joys" stamp set and coloring it in simply with Copics, only emphasizing the red glass ball ornaments. I chose some fantastic cozy looking patterned paper from Brutus Monroe called "Playful Plaid", adding some simple craft store lace, a blue silk ribbon, and some bronze pearl embellishments. 

I purposely kept everything simple so that the image and sentiment shines, but cheery paper colors to keep it from looking too dull.


I really enjoyed this months' Power Poppy challenge. At times it's great to get the old inspiration gears turning and realize new ideas and creativity by accident, just by participating in a fun challenge! I'm looking forward to next month's Power Poppy Challenge!


 

3 comments:

  1. Those plaids are so fun together Amanda! The simplicity of the design and the patterns pair really well together! Thanks for playing along with us this month at The Blossom Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my all-time fav Power Poppy images and you used it beautifully! I love the red ornaments and the paper you chose to accent the image panel!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Power Poppy blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on winning the challenge with this wonderful card. I love the addition of the colorful pastel plaid paper. So fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!